Friday, September 15, 2006

9-15-06 - Friday - It's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!

Yes! Finally, the last day of the 11 day training marathon. We have had our heads crammed with so much information in the past week and a half, it's nice to be looking at a day off on Saturday.

Today we met at our truck at 7:00 am and got on the road immediately. One of my classmates drove first, so I sat in the sleeper and listened and learned. That's what you do when you aren't driving. The sleeper compartment is NOT for sleeping during training.

I drove second today. I think I did ok. No major problems. I need to plan ahead more and react less. That's important when you are driving 80,000 lbs. I hit a curb or two and miss a downshift once. Not bad for 2 hours of driving.

The last of my classmates to drive is have a little difficultly grasping the shifting thing. We all have our difficulties, but the trick is to correct them as best you can and listen to everything the instructor says and try your best to do exactly that. It's ok. She will have some more time tomorrow on our day off to practice, but it really is up to her to make the changes and adjustments to her driving to accomplish the goal of learning to drive the truck.

I'm going to enjoy my evening now. It's so nice to not have to get up at 5:300 am. I will so enjoy my day off. It's going to be cool and cloudy and rainy. How perfect after I got sunburned on the backing range last Saturday. Gotta love the weather!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home