Sunday, September 17, 2006

9-17-06 - Sunday - Required Viewing

This morning we met in the theater at CRE at 9:00 am to watch those oh so fun videos on sexual harassment, fatigue, legal aid and a powerpoint presentation on topping the vehicles. It really wasn't that bad. The videos were about 10 years old, but if you could get past that it was just another required class.

It pretty much boiled down to this. Don't sexually harass anyone. Don't drive fatigued. Manage your sleep. Never admit wrong doing by just paying a citation. Always fight it. No matter what. If you have any question about whether your vehicle will fit under something, get out and look!

The entire thing only lasted about 2 1/2 hours. The rest of the day we were off.

Tomorrow we meet at 7:00 am at our truck for one last day of driving practice before the CDL driving test. Our instructor told us that we would probably only get about 1/2 hour behind the wheel. It's just to get us back into the driving thing after being off for the weekend.

I feel fairly confident about my driving. I figure if I can survive my instructor, I can survive the test. But, that's still two days away. For now I'm going to just enjoy some football on TV and maybe eat some dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home