Friday, September 22, 2006

9-22-06 - Friday - Graduated !!!!

Today was the day everyone in my class has been waiting for. We started at 7:00 am and did a bit more trip planning training and then we went over the material for the final test. Nothing is hard, it just requires a little studying and paying attention in class.

We took the final and waited till 11:15 for our graduation presentation. Dean England, the grandson of C.R. England came into our class and talked to us a bit about the companies principles and expectations. It was really great to have a member of the England family come hand out our certificates of completion.

Just a side note. Not to blow my own horn or anything, but Dean England gave me my Top Gun award today also. That just means I did the best on the tests given in classroom out of ll the other students. It was a nice "pat on the back" for my studying.


My "Top Gun" Patch

As soon as we graduated I went to payroll and got my ComData card so I can start collecting my pay. They also issued our fuel cards and setup direct deposit. The next stop was to go to the "placement coordinator" to get setup to go out with an OTR trainer.

At 1:00 pm I got my assignment. I'm leaving Salt Lake City on Sunday evening with my trainer. This is actually pretty good. I get Saturday and part of Sunday off. That's time to work on the training modules that I have to complete in the three weeks I'm going to be training on the truck.

I feel pretty comfortable with the way things are right now. The weeks to follow will will be an interesting few weeks. I talked to my trainer on the phone tonight. He said he would meet me Sunday afternoon.

That's my day. Tomorrow will be a nice reprieve before going on the road for 3 weeks. Now is time to watch some TV and relax!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home