Thursday, September 28, 2006

9-24-06 - Sunday - Waiting for my ride...

Today was spent waiting in the CRE parking lot for my trainer to pick me up. He was coming in from somewhere in CA where he picked up on Saturday night. At 18:00 he got to the CRE yard and dropped off the student he had for the past three weeks. I got my stuff loaded and we left at about 20:00.

Our load is going to Franklin Park, IL. It's a 32,000 lb. load of vegitables. Probably not much spinach in there, after all the worries about the e-coli that was found in spinach a week or so ago.

My trainer seems pretty cool. Patient and knowlegable. He was the CRE Company Driver of the year in 2004, but I havn't told him I know this and he hasn't said anything about it. He's not really the kind of guy to say much about himself. He has been a company driver for CRE for 14 years and has over 2,000,000 safe miles. I think I'm with a good trainer.

We headed east out of Salt Lake City on 80 up through Parley's Canyon. He told me to go to bed. No argument here. Just a note, it takes some time to get used to trying to sleep in the back of a truck that's BoUnCiNg down the highway. LOL

About an hour later we stopped at a Walmart to get drinks and some food. My trainer has a microwave in the truck, but his refrigerator is broken. That means coolers with ice. It's ok. I got some microwavable meals and bottled water.

Back on the road and I'm again trying to get some sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home