Thursday, September 28, 2006

9-26-06 - Tuesday - Chicago!

At 0400 we arrived in Franklin Park, IL. I got up to see what was happening and my trainer had me back up to the dock at Fresh Express. We then found another trailer and hooked up to it. We didn't have a load assignment yet, so we both got some sleep until about 0900. We got a load assignment. We are to go about 320 miles to St. Louis, MO to pick up a trailer at Conway and then take it to someplace in California near San Francisco.

On the road. We got rolling with me driving and about 60 miles outside St. Louis we stopped for fuel. We got to the St. Louis pickup at about 1545 and were rolling out of there by 1600 with 40500 lbs. of candy in our trailer. We made tracks for a Pilot truck stop about 50 miles outside Kansas City to get showers and some dinner.

We got to the Pilot at about 2000. Time to shower, eat and then get to bed. I drove about 510 miles today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home