Sunday, September 03, 2006

9/4/2006 - Monday - The Day Between

It's Monday evening and I had a long relaxing day. I did my best to celebrate Labor Day. Whatever that means. I did go out and have an interesting experience at WalMart. My mission was to buy an inexpensive digital camera to use for this blog.

OK, so I wlk up to the photo counter and pick out a camera. I try to get the attention of one of the clerks working there but they seem to be ignoring me. Finally got their attention and they told me that they had lost the key to the glass cabinet that the camera I wanted was in. WHAT? I want to spend money on a camera and they can't open the cabinet. This is crazy. I asked for a manager and they called one. The manager never showed up. The clerks told me that they turned in the key last night to the night manager and he took it home. I asked if that meant they just wern't going to sell anything today and they just looked at me with kind of blank looks. Really WIERD!

I ended up at an Office Depot and got a pretty good deal on a camera, so I should be able to post some visuals of my experiences.

I drove from where I'm staying over to the CRE headquarters where I will be training. It took about 10 min. and when I got there there were alot of drivers and driver trainees just hanging around. There was no training today, so alot of hanging out.

I have been studying my Utah CDL manual and watching TV this afternoon and evening. Lots on TV about Steve Irwin "The Crocodile Hunter" being killed yesterday. Apparently got stuck by a Stingray. Sad.



This is a view of the front of CR England's Headquarters

I am planning on leaving for training at 6:15 am tomorrow. Ouch, that's early, considering I have been on a month and a half vacation.


That's all for now. Time to relax and get some sleep.




This is the view from my hotel room. Just thought it was interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home