Wednesday, September 06, 2006

9/5/2006 - Tuesday - The First Day At CR England

I's LATE! Really! It's about 12:45 am Wednesday morning. I have to get up at 6:00 am, so thisd might be a short posting.

I spent the evening doing my "homework". OK, first, from the start. I got up at 5:30 am to get ready and drive from my hotel to the England facility and be there by 6:45 am. I will be getting up a little later tomorrow. Salt Lake City traffic really isn't that bad. I'm used to Denver and San Diego traffic.

Well, there are 32 people here in the autorium right now. That's not that big a class from what I've been told. We got big manilla envelopes full of all sorts of goodies. The biggest bundle of fun in it was the "homework". A 100 question test on the Utah CDL manual. It was open book, but that didn't make it easy. Lots of looking up things to verify them. That was tonights project.

Ok, we got a little "Welcome" to CR England form several different people. They had munchies and donuts and bottled drinks set out for everyone. MMmmm,, fat food. I'm lucky that I don't have a sweet tooth.

A person from the orentation staff went over everything that was in our envelopes and told us hat we had untill 9:00 am tomorrow to get it all filled out and done. It was also mentioned that the 100 question open book test on the Utah CDL manual would be due at 7:00am tomorrow. No excuses. Great. To add to the fun as I was looking through the paperwork, I noticed a 51 question test on the F.M.C.S.R., (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations), stuck in the middle of it. OUCH! They gave us the book, but that's alot.

Next we were herded into the hall and lined up outside the Whizz Quiz office, (Drug Testing). I was ready. REALLY! Twenty ounces of water and a bottle of juice and I was gunning for the fences. I danced in the hall for about 25 minutes and then took the test. Whew.

Then it was over next door to the Doctor to get the DOT physical. All is good. Easy little thing. Eyes, blood pressure, and a little look over by the doctor.

That's it for the morning. I went back to my hotel and talked with the wife for a bit then started filling out the paperwork that was standard. w-4, ect...

Back in the aurotium at 12:30 pm. They gave us a short briefing about the interview that we were about to go though. It used to be called the "Integrity Interview", now it's called the "Pre-Employment Interview". Guess they were scaring too many applicants away. It's simple. If you didn't lie on your application, you have nothing to worry about. If you did, well, they probably found out about it in the time since you applied and the time you got to the training facility.

I spent the afternoon doing the F.M.C.S.R. test. My last name begins with a letter really deep in the alphabet, and since they were going in ABC order,, I had some time. I finally got into the interview at 6:40 pm. OUCH! It took about 3 min. Well at least I got one test done.

I got back to my hotel around 7:50 pm and got to work on my CDL open book test that is due tomorrow morning. It's done and It's definitaly time to get some sleep now.

I'm really concerned about my wife. She got a severe migrane headache today and had to goto the hospital. I hate not being there for her. She is the love of my life, but I know that I'm doing what has to be done for our family. I love driving and we will be set for life in just a few years time. Eyes on the PRIZE!

*Tired beyond anything, not responcible for typo's*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home