Thursday, September 07, 2006

9/7/2006 - Thursday - Test Day!!!!

Today was test day. We have only been here in school for 3 days and we were off to the Utah DMV to take our tests for the Learner Permit CDL.

The day began with a 7:00 am start in the classroom. Instead of reviewing for the test we learned about pre-trip inspections. Studying is a personal responcibility here. Anyway, we got a really good picture presentation on doing the inspection and then we went out to a truck and trailer as a class and watched a demonstration on unhooking and hooking the trailer from the tractor. Our instructor is really good at getting the information and how-to across.

Around 10:30 am we started going over "Combinations", this is one of the three sections of the CDL test we need to know. After we did that, our instructor went over some of the questions that might be on our tests that we hadn't studied yet.

Ooooo, almost 15 of us on the first shuttle bus getting to the DMV and it's lunch time for the state employees. There was ONE DMV clerk working until 1:00 pm. That meant that of all of us that got here at 11:30 am, the first student to get in to take a test was at 1:15 pm. Things started moving a little faster after that and I was in by 2:15 pm.

The test was pretty much like what we learned. There were some wierd questions, but mostly the hardest thing was getting over my nerves. It took me about 45 minutes to complete the general knowledge, combination, and air brake tests. That's 50, 20 and 25 questions. I turned in my answer sheet and I was very relieved to have PASSED! They told me I scored in the 90's. I didn't get any specifics, but I didn't care. I PASSED! Whahoo!!

In truth it really wasn't that hard with all the help and assistance that England does to help you study and learn.

That's all for today at school. We have some homework to do about pre-trip inspections, but other that that, this is our last free evening for several days.

I got back to my room at 3:45 pm and started getting my homework done. Nothing hard, just learning about the pre-trip inspection.

The Steelers are on TV tonight. Awsome! I grew up near Pittsburgh and have been a Steelers and Pirates fan all my life. The Steelers have been a bit easier to watch than the Pirates. Oh well.

22:30 pm - The Steelers won! Sorry Dolphin fans, I'll always be rooting for the Steelers.

Tomorrow we will be a LONG day Our schedule will run from 7:00 am till 10:00 pm. That's because we will be in class all day and we start our backing practice tomorrow evening. From what the schedule says we will be on this same time schedule thru Tuesday. Five LONG days, but when we are done, we will know how to back up those big trucks!

That's all for now. More after the world goes around another time!

*More pictures tomorrow, I Promise!*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home