Friday, September 08, 2006

9/8/2006 - Friday - It's a long day!

It's been a long day. Wow. We learned alot and did so much.

The day started promptly at 7:00 am. It's Driver Log day! We spent the morning learning how to keep a proper and legal driver logbook. It was a dry subject but the instructor was good at keeping things light and everyone interested. I had a RedBull so I was awake at least till 9:00 am.

At this time the financial people came in and everyone signs their loan papers. Quick and easy.

More logbook work and discussion. A quick lunch and now we are back in the classroom at 12:30 pm watching a PowerPoint presention on backing.

Backing. Hmmm. I hav backed tractor-trailers in the Army, but these are a little bigger and I'm going to have to wait and see how it goes.

We went outside to the backing range and our instructor demonstrated the four manuvers that we will have to perform for the CDL test. Straight back, a paralel manuver, and a alley backing manuver. We were sent to dinner at 4:00 pm and used the time catch a quick catnap because we were back on the backing range at 6:00 pm.

We spend the evening practinging our pre-trip inspections. This lasts till 10:00 pm. I have some pictures below of this evening exercise.


This is a pic of some of our trucks lined up getting inspected.


Getting dirty and doing the inspection!

Just a picture of one of our training trucks.

I'm going to bed now. Sooooo tired. I have to get up in about 5 hours, it's off to bed for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home