Friday, October 20, 2006

10-20-06 - Friday - Solo Qualified!

Today I took the driving test for upgrade and got a 96%. Yesterday I took the general knowlege test and the trip planning test. I got a 90% on the GK test and missed one on the trip planning. Nothing was hard, just information recall. I'm now solo qualified. Only one more step to be on my own.

So now I'm waiting in the hotel for my CAT 1st seat to call me and tell me when he is going to pick me up. I have about 21 more days of driving with the CAT 1st seat and then I can get back to the CRE facility in Salt Lake to lease a truck and get on the road working for myself.

When I'm with the CAT I get 11 cents per truck mile. Not bad, but I want to drive for myself to get the 35 cents per mile that I would as a solo lease operator after paying expenses.

Not much else to report now. I'm just going to try to get some rest and hopefully I will get a call from my CAT sometime this evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home