Thursday, October 05, 2006

9-30-06 - Saturday - Blow Out!

Saturday morning we got going from the Pilot we were staying at and got over to our pickup point. We got our load of vegies and headed out of Salinas. We were only about an hour up the road towards Sacramento and BANG!

That's about it. I guided the truck onto the shoulder and we did some checking and found that the right front inner tandem tire had blow out and thrown the retread. Sitting on the side on the road is not fun, but it's part of the job.

About 45 minutes later Road Service arrived and replaced the tire. We were on the way again by about 1645.

The rest of the days driving was uneventful. I drove over Donner Pass and down into Nevada on I-80. My trainer took over around 2200.

I will post some pictures of the blown tire here soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home