Sunday, November 12, 2006

11-12-06 - Sunday - Home Time!!

I'm home! For the first time in about 2 1/2 months, I'm home for a few days. Actually I'll be home for about 5 days and it's great. I miss my wife and son so much, it's absolutly wonderful being home!

I went through the lease signing process on friday afternoon. It took from 12 noon till about 5 pm. Long afternoon and it seemed to drag on forever. We all just wanted our permit books and to get on the road. I was one of the lucky ones. I got a load going home to Denver friday evening.

After the long drawn out afternoon of signing papers I got out of Salt Lake with a K-Mart load to Brighton, CO and hit I-80 east at about 630pm. I drove until about midnight and stopped in Rawlins, WY for the evening. I delivered in Brighton on Saturday, but not after getting lost in farm country in Colorado looking for the K-Mart distribution center.

I have my GPS navigation system and CB now and am in the process of installing them in the truck. I will never be lost again and that is good for a number of reasons. Being lost and off-route is dangerious and it costs money for the independant contractor in the way of fuel and time. Never again!

For now I'm happy to be home and I'll be on the road again on November 16th. As happy as I am to be home, I'm looking foward to running hard and bringing in some good money before Christmas.

I'll get some pictures up on here soon of my new truck. Look for me and give me a wave, I'm in England truck 92741!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home