Tuesday, November 28, 2006

11-28-06 - Tuesday - In a cave!

Today I delivered in a cave. That's right. I got up at 3:00am and drove about 35 miles down to Kansas City and found the delivery customer. It was a cold storage facility in an industrial park called "Subtropolis". The worlds largest underground industrial complex. Miles and miles of roads underground and warehouses and offices. I found out that the entire complex is an old lime stone mine.

Anyway, I got my delivery done and by 8:00am I was waiting for another load. About an hour later I got my load assignment. I was to pick up in Schuyler, NE and run a load of meat to El Paso, TX. I got to Schuyler at about 2:00pm and was on the way by 3:00pm. I stopped in Grand Island and put it to bed for the night.

Below are some pictures I shot recently.


The clear blue sky in Utah a few days go.

The Rocky mountains in Utah.

My truck docked in the underground.

This is a view of the roads underground.


One of the many entrances to the underground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home