Monday, January 08, 2007

1-8-07 - Orientation

I'm in Marshfield, WI now going through orientation for Roelh. It is such a difference than my experience at CRE. Roehl is paying for my room at a Super 8 hotel, they also provide a really good catered lunch and a dinner voucher for the Perkins here for $8.50. A good deal all around.

Today I met about 7 other drivers in the hotel lobby at 7:00am. We rode in a van over to Roehl and started by filling out some employment paperwork and getting a physical and drug test. At about 8:00am I took the driving test which was driving around for about 20 minutes and backing up once.

They served us lunch and the afternoon was a class on the Roehl driving philosophy. We got back to the hotel at about 5:00pm.

Just a side note. I did my best trying to avoid the orientation instructors eyes when he was looking for someone to drive the van, but it didn't matter, I ended up getting picked to drive it. Oh well.

Time for some dinner now. Tomorrow is going to be more classes and paperwork. By Wednesday I should be going out with a mentor for 5-7 days and then I get my truck. I'm really looking foward to getting my truck and heading back toward Denver!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home