Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hometime!

I got rolling Sunday morning around 0600 and made it to the Walmart Dist. Center in Loveland, CO around 1430. The time change worked in my favor. On the way I stopped for fuel in North Platte, NE and for a quick bite to eat in Ogallala, NE.

I did the easy drop + hook at the Walmart and spent 35 minutes waiting on hold with the weekend dispatch crew. I needed them to tell me to roll home. I didn't want to just go because the one time I do that, they would have something else planned. I only had 1:35 hours left on my 70 for the week and I wasn't getting any back until Tuesday, but I always make contact with the company before doing anything. Just how I roll.

Anyway, got the go ahead to drive to the house and within an hour or so I had my trailer dropped at the Home Depot parking lot near my house and the king-pin lock and trailer locks installed. 3 minute drive to the house and I was home.

I'm leaving out again on Thursday sometime. I told the company I would be available at 0600.

I got some shopping done and changed the oil on both the family cars, spending time playing with my 9 year old boy and relaxing. One more day and back on the road. I should probably think about what I need grocery-wise for my next two week time on the road. I'll do that shopping tomorrow. I might even drag the shop-vac out to the drive way and give the cab a good cleaning. Depends on how I feel tomorrow. For now, the laundry is in and it's time to play some Call Of Duty on the Xbox.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home