Saturday, March 24, 2012

Mudflap? I don't need a stinkin' mudflap!


Where did I leave off? Oh, yes. I was waiting to get loaded at the shipper. It took about 2 hours and I was loaded and on my way to the drop yard in Oak Creek, WI. I got to the drop yard in about 40 minutes. It is just south of Milwaukee. I dropped the load and grabbed an empty.

About five minutes after I sent my empty call my FM sent me a message that he wanted me to go to a shipper in Milwaukee and get an empty from there. I dropped the perfectly good empty I had and drove 30 miles north to get the empty that was extra special. At least that must be the case, I don't know. I do know that it rained all day and I was wet, cold, and tired!

My next load picked up in the morning about 30 miles south of the drop yard I was at earlier so I made it back there and parked for the night.

This morning I got to the shipper around 0500 and hooked my load and was ready to start west towards Colorado and home when I noticed that I was missing a mudflap on my tractor. The drivers side mudflap was gone. Not ripped off or mangled,, just plain gone. Bracket and all. The best I can figure is that while I was sleeping last night at the Pilot at the 122 exit on I94 in WI, someone needed a mudflap and took mine.

I called maintenance and they sent me to Gary, IN to get a new mudflap and bracket. Going the wrong direction! Damnit!

After driving south through Chicago to Gary I got a new, well used, mud flap and got on I80 west by around 0845.

I drove all day stopping once for lunch and got to the rest area at mile marker 431 on I80 in NE.

I'm parked here for the night and I have 9 hours to the Walmart Dist. Center in Loveland, CO tomorrow. I also only have 10:23 left on my 70 for the week. I have 1:15 drive to my house after I deliver. That leaves about five minutes for my pretrip and delivering. Gonna have to make it work! Electronic logs,,,, a new experience for me and they allow for no fudging. Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I hope nothing goes sideways tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home