Friday, March 16, 2012

Preloaded Dream!

When the Qualcomm says you have a preloaded trailer that's a good thing. For the third time this week I have that message only to find that there is no preloaded trailer for me. Oh well.

I did a drop+hook this morning at the Target Dist. Center in Madison, MO. That's a few miles east of Huntsville. That went smoothly. Only about 20 minutes from the time I hit the gate to the time I was leaving. That's the way it's supposed to work.

I went to the closest truck stop, a Pilot, about 6 miles south on I65 and got a shower and something to eat while waiting for my next load. My next load came in around 10am saying to pickup a preloaded trailer in Huntsville at 4pm. I did what I always do and called the shipper to see if it would be ready early and was told that I was dreaming if I thought that my trailer was going to be loaded at 4pm. I asked when they thought it would be loaded and they said that maybe by 8pm. Grrrrr. That throws off the entire trip timing.

I have to have the load in Westchester, VA by tomorrow evening at 6pm. That's not going to happen unless I get several hours of driving done tonight. It's about a 12 hour drive. Maybe longer in my truck governed at 60 mph. I am getting my 11 hours of drive time back at 630pm this evening so I can do some driving tonight, but I will have to do another 10 hour break. That means my delivery time will be around 9pm in Westchester.

Oh well. Like I said, a "Preloaded Dream!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home