Friday, March 30, 2012

Rolling East

I left the house yesterday morning and picked up a load at Denver Mattress and took it to the BNSF rail yard about 10 minutes away. When I got to the rail yard I couldn't get in because the planners hadn't yet "billed" the load. So I called my FM and he said he would see what he could do. About 20 minutes later I got into the rail yard and didn't know where to drop my trailer. Why didn't I know where to drop my trailer? Because the guy in at the rail yard gate didn't tell me where to drop it. I asked. I asked again. He just pointed out the window and said, "over there". Whatever. I figured if he didn't care, I didn't care. I dropped the trailer and got the next load assignment.

My next load assignment was to get a load right there at the rail yard and take it 60 miles north to the Walmart Dist. Center in Loveland, CO. I found the trailer, but I couldn't leave the rail yard because the planners didn't send me the PickUp number. The guy at the gate wouldn't let me out with our that special number. Over an hour later, I got the number and headed north to Loveland.

I got dropped at Walmart in Loveland easily and my next load was back at Denver Mattress in Denver. I drove back to Denver and got that load and headed East on I76. I stopped last night in Big Springs, NE at the old Bosselman truck stop. The Bosselman is now a Flying J. There is a good restaurant there called Sam Bass Saloon. 

Today I drove east stopping in Aurora, NE for fuel. I caught a nap a little later and finished my driving day a little west of Des Moines, IA.

Tomorrow I should make it to the Gary terminal in mid afternoon. I'll get the truck and trailer washed and catch a shower. Sunday I will have about three and a half hours drive to get to Toledo for my Monday delivery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home