Thursday, March 15, 2012

That was a Disaster! Back at Roehl!

Well, here is a quick summary of Shepherd Enterprises. How many log books can you carry? Seriously in the 3 months I was there I never once had a load that I could run legally.

Here is a sample.

I get a dispatch to leave Denver on Thursday evening around 7 pm. I have my first delivery Sunday morning in southern NJ.  Never mind that if the weather is perfect and you shave your logs a bit, it's a very tight run. It's Winter and frozen precipitation seems to like dropping from the sky. That makes this run nearly impossible. Unless you just don't sleep and don't care about the safety of anyone else on the road, then it's easy.

So I deliver in Vineland, NJ, Hawthorne, NJ and Long Island, NY on Sunday, then at 0400 in the morning on Monday I start my day delivering on the Lower Westside of Manhattan. Then I have a delivery in Brooklyn and another in the Bronx. Ok, then I get the tyrailer washed out and run up towards Albany and pickup a load to be back in Denver on Wednesday evening. Anyone see anything wrong with this situation. Insane! Unsafe!

So in the 2nd week of February I called Roehl back and said PLEASE rehire me! Thankfully they did and now I'm happily back at Roehl running in their Van National fleet.

I'll probably be much more diligent about updating this blog as I will be on the road with internet access through my Blackberry connected to my computer. The last time I was on the road I didn't have that.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home