Friday, March 23, 2012

Waiting to get loaded...

I got to my customer in Pleasant Prairie, WI at around 0830 and was unloaded by 1030. Then I was sent up here to Burlington, WI to get a load to relay at Oak Creek, WI. It kind of a waste of my day, but at least it's something. A real waste is not moving at all. This load is only about 60 miles total and will take me a total of about 5 hours. I do get short haul pay and the load planners told me they are working on my back to Denver load.

When I got to this shipper, Verallia, I turned into the wrong driveway. That sucked. I thought In was following the signs, but I guess not. The sign pointed left between two driveways. I guessed wrong. I got jammed up in their employee parking lot. Nice. I ended up backing up all the way out of the lot. That was a 10 minute waste of time.

I got around the building the correct way and got myself checked in and backed into a door. An interesting note. The tandems on Roehl's trailers seem to be in better condition than I remember them. A lot of shippers and consignees make you slide them before you get loaded or unloaded and I have only had one problem in the past month or so. I do use vise-grips often to keep the pull handle pulled out in the correct position, but other than that, not many issues with the tandems. Vise-Grips are a "must have" in your truck tool box! A decent sledge hammer is also very handy. I keep both under my drivers seat.

Now I'm just sitting waiting to get loaded. I can feel them loading me. I hope they get done within an hour or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home