Saturday, March 17, 2012

Warm weather and a long weekend...

I got my load at the shipper in Huntsville, AL on Friday evening at around 2000 and got about 3 hours of driving done and found a place to park just north of Chattanooga, TN. At first I thought I would try to park at the Loves, but that wasn't going to happen. At 12 midnight there is pretty much no chance of finding a parking place at major truck stop. So, I looked across the street and saw a total dump of a truck stop and went there. Their parking lot was a gravel mess with pot holes big enough to swallow pretty much the entire truck. I got to the back of their lot and just drove up behind another truck that was parked on the front line of trucks. I figures they would be long gone when I started driving in 10 hours and I would be able to drive straight out. I was lucky, that's what happened.

I started driving around 1000 in the morning, which is really late for me, but I usually don't drive until midnight. I got fuel in Dandridge, TN and ate the KFC buffet. I can't imagine buying KFC at regular prices when you can get the buffet for $6.95 and eat all you want. Anyway.

I drove for another 6 1/2 hours and got to the Home Depot Dist. center in Winchester, VA. That was a pretty simple drop and hook. The only thing of note was the lot where they had the empty trailers had no lights. It was darker than dark there. I mean, zero light. That's pretty strange because most places keep their lots lit so vandals and thieves don't mess with stuff. They had all their tractors used to deliver to the stores parked in this lot also, so it's not like they had no interest in keeping it secure, but I guess lights cost too much money and insurance covers their losses if there are any.

I drove about 6 miles up the road and parked at the welcome center just inside the WV border. My next load doesn't pick up until monday morning at 0900. It's going to be a long day tomorrow. If it's nice maybe I'll sit outside and read one of my books. That's all for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home