Monday, April 02, 2012

24 hr delay,,,,,

Well, today started with me driving to the customer and bring ready to get unloaded for my 0900 appointment at 0845. I was there and ready. Unfortunately the customer says they called and rescheduled the appointment for tomorrow at the same time. Huh?

I told my FM this and he wasn't aware of the appointment being changed. I found a spot to park my truck in the corner of the parking lot and I'm stuck waiting until tomorrow to deliver. Oh well. I get detention pay. I'll take $120.00 to sit playing on the computer all day, but I would rather be driving!

This happens sometimes when driving a truck OTR. I have had other times when this has happened. As long as you document your times accurately and your log book reflects your detention, you get paid for sitting.

I think I'll take a walk and see what's in this area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home