Friday, April 06, 2012

Bad Directions

Today I got up at 0600 and started driving and drove straight through for 9 hours to Carlisle, PA to get to my customer by the appointment time.

When I got to the customer I followed the direction that the customer gave me on the phone and took a right turn at the the third light I got to after exiting the highway. I counted three lights and turned right. Wrong. I guess they counted differently than I did. I got up a road with a 12'5" bridge on it. Not good. I ended up going through a residential neighborhood and turning around in a High School parking lot. I finally got to the customer and an hour later I was unloaded.

My next load picks up tomorrow about 140 miles north and delivers on Sunday afternoon in South Carolina.  My information says a 1700 pickup tomorrow, but I called the shipper and they said I could get there at 0800 in the morning and they would get me loaded. I hope that works out that way. I really want to get some driving out of the way tomorrow. It's about 630 miles to the Walmart Dist. center I'm going to in SC.

Time for sleep. That's three long days in a row.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home