Monday, April 09, 2012

A few Days,,,

Saturday I drove north to Pittston, PA and did a drop hook at the customer. It was a pleasant surprise that the load was ready. It was scheduled for 1700 and I got it around 1000. Sometimes it works out like that.

I stopped at a Pilot in Scranton to get a shower and fuel. I really needed DEF so I asked and got permission to fuel at that Pilot. They had signs all over including an electronic price sign for DEF. When I tried to put DEF in after I fueled, it didn't work. They said they really didn't have DEF yet, but they would soon. What? Why the hell would you put up a price sign and signs all over advertising DEF at the pu[mp if you really didn't have it yet. Stupid! I had to buy DEF in the box and hail it out to the truck and pour it in manually. DEF in the box is three times as expensive as DEF at the pump. Oh, well. I tried.

I drove south on I81 into Virginia and stopped about midway at a Pilot. That Pilot parking lot was crammed. I got a spot and then spent an hour watching other trucks try to park around me. I really though one of them was going to crash into my front bumper. So close and drivers trying to put their trucks into spaces that they had no business trying to get into.

Sunday I drove south and stopped at a Loves for lunch at the Virginia border with NC. While I was eating I got a call from dispatch telling me to stay where I was. I was going to relay the load to another driver and get their load going to Wheeling, WV. So much for an easy weekend and knowing what I was going to be doing.

It took until 1830 for the relay to get to me and I had to be in Wheeling at 0930 Monday morning. I ended up splitting my logs and driving to Wheeling Sunday night. I got there at 0130 and did my delivery on time. To get out of that customer I had to have someone stop traffic while I backed across a four way stop intersection to get turned around. Fun.

My next load picked up in Youngstown, OH. I'm sitting at the shipper now waiting to get a dock to get loaded. I'm supposed to be in Elkhart, IN tomorrow morning at 0700. Hmmm, I need fuel along the way and if it takes longer than an hour or so to get loaded, I'm not going to make it on time. I will let my FM know as soon as I know.

That's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home