Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A week later,,,

It's been a while since I have posted, so here's the update.

I delivered in a suburb of Chicago and picked up a load just north of Chicago last Wednesday. It went pretty smoothly and I made a good start west by the evening.

I had an uneventful drive across towards Loveland for a Friday delivery. It rained really hard in western NE on Thursday evening. Glad my truck doesn't leak.

I did a live unload in Loveland at the Sam's dist. center. I got unloaded by 1300 and was home by 1430.

I enjoyed my hometime and left the house on Tuesday morning. I picked up my load at the Denver Pepsi distributor and started east for my delivery at the Pepsi in Ft. Smith, AR.

Today I left Colby, KS and made it to Ft. Smith, AR by 1630. I had tried calling Pepsi all day to find out if they would allow me to deliver this evening, but they didn't answer their phone. I got a maze of phone prompts and when I hit "0" to talk to the operator, that went to voice mail. STUPID! Anyway, I got to the gate at Pepsi and there was a sign saying their hours were 0700 - 1500. I would have parked and come in the morning if I had known that, but whatever.

I'm stopped about a mile away at a dump of a truckstop. It's a total wreck. Right out of the 70's. Oh well. I'll try delivering tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home